Trinidad Barfi is a local and traditional Indian sweet. Trini Barfi is typically made around the time of Diwali, Eid and prayer celebrations. For a twist you can add pistachio, cashew or berries to produce a variety of flavours.
- 3 cups full cream milk powder
- 3/4 tin Nestle cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Candy sprinkles
- Mix milk powder with heavy cream until it reaches a crumbly texture. Then sift.
- Grease a baking dish and dust with candy sprinkles.
- Boil water with sugar and ginger and add cardamom and nutmeg.
- Wait for liquid to boil down to a reduced yet watery syrup then quickly pour into milk powder. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a greased dish. Add more sprinkles on top and press gently
- Cut before fully set and it cool overnight in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.