Trinidad Barfi is a local and traditional Indian sweet. Trini Barfi is typically made around the time of Diwali, Eid and prayer celebrations. For a twist, you can add pistachio, cashew or berries to produce a variety of flavors.
- Mix milk powder with heavy cream until it reaches a crumbly texture. Then sift.
- Grease a baking dish and dust with candy sprinkles.
- Boil water with sugar and ginger and add cardamom as well as nutmeg.
- Wait for liquid to boil down to a reduced yet watery syrup then quickly pour into milk powder. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a greased dish. Add more sprinkles on top and press gently.
- Cut before fully set and let it cool overnight in the refrigerator.