In a 2016 study performed on cake consumption in America, research showed that over 100 million cakes were eaten in 1 year across the country in one year. In addition, chocolate cake was ranked as the # 1 searched cake on the web, coming in at 400,000 searches per month. That's a lot of cake being devoured daily.
Special occasions are typically the times when the cake is served. Although it's convenient to stop by your local bakery to purchase a cake, what screams the words LOVE more than a homemade cake baked with care using handpicked ingredients? This homemade chocolate cake is not only a moist and decadent chocolate cake, but it is also vegan and gluten-free. This healthy chocolate cake is baked using 72% cocoa powder, almond flour, almond milk, baking powder, granulated sugar alternative, vanilla, vegan dark chocolate chips, and applesauce as the egg substitute. The cake is baked into two layers, filled and coated with a rich chocolate icing made without butter, with this secret super food ingredient -avocados! Ripe avocados are blended with cocoa powder, icing sugar alternative, sea salt, and coconut oil, forming a silky and spreadable icing. The avocado flavor in the icing is very mild as the intensity of the cocoa powder takes on the majority of the taste.
Garnish the cake with toasted almonds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, and coconut, or choose any of your favorite garnishes for this chocolate cake. This will be a delicious cake with the healthy ingredients, "take the cake," so to speak.
- 3 cups Fine Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup 72% Cocoa Powder
- 5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar Alternative
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2/3 cups Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Cooking Spray to line the cake pans
- 4 large Ripe Avocados
- 1 cup 72% Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Icing Sugar Alternative
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Goji Berries * Optional Garnish
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Pumpkin Seeds * Optional Garnish
- 1/4 cup Toasted Almonds, * Optional Garnish
- 2 teaspoons Shredded Coconut * Optional Garnish
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment