In the world of Roti, Trinidad continues to outdo itself by taking what we love about Paratha and filling it with seasoned potato and cheese. This layering of seasoned mashed potatoes, similar to the ones found in an Aloo Pie, is then topped with cheese and encased between two Parathas, making it a meal in itself. The one thing to remember is that it is called Pepper Roti, so while you can opt to remove the heat, it simply wouldn't be the same without it.
- 4-6 large Potatoes boiled & mashed
- 1 large Carrot finely grated
- 1 small Onion minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 4-6 Leaves Chadon Beni minced
- 3 large Seasoning Peppers seeded & minced
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper seeded & minced
- 1 teaspoon Amchar or Garam (HOT) Masala Powder
- 15 ounces New Zealand Cheddar Cheese grated
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!