Chana and Aloo or Chickpeas and Potato as it’s known in Trinidad are a favorite for most people when it comes to curried vegetables. The chickpeas and potatoes are cooked until tender in a rich sauce of fresh seasonings and curry spices. It’s mouth-watering just thinking about the savory morsels of chana and Aloo with your favorite roti or steamed rice. This recipe is super easy to make and very satisfying for the curry lover in us all.
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 large yellow Onion - diced
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro - chopped
- 3 Seasoning Peppers - minced
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Amchar or Garam (hot) Masala powder
- 2 cans of 15 ounces Chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 2 large Potatoes - cut into bite-sized pieces
- Water for Cooking
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!