Imagine taking that slow winding drive along Trinidad's north mountain coast and coming upon a roadside vendor with a display of glass jars filled with fruit swimming in a colorful mixture of herbs and peppers. This unmistakable sight is where you will find the illustrious Mango Chow! It is made by taking chunks of green mango and marinating it in a magical blend of fresh local Trini herbs and peppers. Each crisp bite of mango crunches in your mouth with an intense burst of sweet, savory, fresh, tangy, and spicy flavors that will have you sucking your teeth in pain and pleasure. We consider our Mango Chow the 'BEST' because we have found a way to add spice while leaving heat as an option.
- 4-6 Large Green Mangos (use any variety of mango as long as it is green and firm)
- 3-4 large Leaves of Chadon Beni minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 3 Seasoning Peppers minced
- 1 inch piece of Ginger peeled and minced.
- 1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 2-3 Limes or 2 tablespoons Vinegar (White or Apple Cider)
- Spicy Option: Scotch Bonnet Pepper minced to taste or favorite Pepper Sauce
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment