You are short on time for making lunch or dinner, yet you don't want to sacrifice taste and nutrition? Tacos can make for a healthy meal, packed with protein & vegetables that are bursting with flavor in every bite. Here's a quick and tasty ranch chicken taco recipe in the microwave in minutes. First, you need some rotisserie chicken pulled off the bones and shredded, tossed in a fast homemade taco seasoning composed of salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat. The taco seasoning recipe yields 1/4 cup, enough seasoning to use for your next taco craving.
Corn or flour tortillas are warmed up and filled with shredded red cabbage, tomatoes, thinly sliced red onions, avocados, lettuce & corn, and a side of ranch dressing for added zest. Ranch dressing is simple to make using mayonnaise, sour cream, fresh herbs, lemon juice, and cracked black peppercorns. The homemade recipe is included; however, feel free to use any store-bought dressing to save some time. Complement your tacos with a side of tomato salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
There you have it, a healthy meal in minutes.
Does taco seasoning work on chicken?
Why does chicken get rubbery?
How long can you leave taco meat in the fridge?
- 2 tablespoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Dill, Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Parsley, chopped
- 2 Chives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 3/4 cup Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Frozen Corn Kernels, thawed
- 2 small Vine Ripe Tomato, cut into 1/4s
- 1/4 Ripe Avocado, sliced
- 1/8 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Green Leaf Lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 Lime, cut into wedges
- 3 x 6 inch Corn or Flour Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Black Sesame Seeds (optional garnish)
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment