Eggless and Butter less Sponge Cake was created as a way of fulfilling a sponge cake craving with simple ingredients that most of us have in our kitchens. This recipe takes all the things you love about cake but without all the fuss that goes into making a traditional sponge cake. With its moist, sweet and delicate bite is exactly what you need to go with a hot cup of black coffee at your next midday break. While in the spirit of what is on hand in your kitchen, this recipe also allows for a bit of creativity and experimentation with flavor by really exploring your options with some of the ones we have provided for you or of your own creations. Please let us know what you created in the comments and what other Trini recipes you would like to share next?
- 225g All-Purpose Flour
- 200g Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Vegetable Oil (any be creative)
- 250 ml Whole Fat Milk - Optional: Water or Plant-Based Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Mixed Essence/Extract - Optional: Any Flavor Essence/Extract
- Option for Spices: 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon for one spice of choice or 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon for two or more spices
- Options for additional ingredients: 60g Chocolate Chips or Nuts or 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!