Cheese is one of those foods most people miss when committing to a vegan lifestyle. But just because you're vegan doesn't mean you should miss out on Swiss cheese. After all, what are you supposed to use on your sandwiches and pasta? This Vegan Swiss Cheese is delicious; made from coconut milk, nutritional yeast gives it its cheesy flavor, and agar-agar thickens up the cheese and helps it set. You can omit the tapioca starch from this vegan recipe, but use tapioca starch if you want the Vegan Swiss cheese to melt like regular cheese.
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can Full-fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 2 tablespoons Agar-Agar
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Tapioca Starch
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!