Avocado Toast is one of those iconic dishes that people just can’t seem to get enough of. Whether sliced or mashed avocado is an excellent source of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. In these recipes we will explore three different versions of Avocado Toast that are all easy to make and healthy. They are great as a meal or as a quick snack and we are confident that at least one will fit your nutritional lifestyle. We aim to please with one seafood option featuring, one high protein option and one vegan option. Now when it comes to the toast it’s really up to you but we have chosen three different types of bread for their nutritional benefits and yes we added a gluten free option. So here are our favorite Avocado Toast variations we hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Tip: We recommend using a tool such as an Avocado Masher to mash the avocado into a paste.
A happy marriage between tuna and guacamole with Jewish Rye Sourdough from Zak The Baker
For the runny egg yolk lover with Kiss My Keto Bread
There’s always room for mushrooms and Little Northern Bakehouse gluten free vegan bread
*Nutritional calculations are for Plain Avocado Paste recipe
- Open the can of tuna and drain the liquid while keeping the tuna in the can then add the lime juice and set aside.
- Avocado Paste - Mash the avocado using an avocado masher and mix with salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Mix in the onion, seasoning peppers and tuna.
- Toast the bread, spread the Tuna-mole paste on top and enjoy.
- Fry the diced bacon until crispy then place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Avocado Paste - Mash the avocado using an avocado masher and mix the salt and black pepper in a bowl. Then mix in the bacon bits, cumin and set aside.
- Use a deep skillet, fill with 2 inches of water and place it on medium heat and bring to around 205°F / 96°C just before it starts to bubble DO NOT BOIL
- Once the water is at the correct temperature, remove the egg from the fridge and crack into a ramekin bowl or a ladle, bring it to the water’s edge and carefully pour it into the water.
- Cover the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Toast your bread and spread the avocado mixture on top.
- Remove the cooked egg from the water with a slotted spoon and gently shake off any excess water before placing it on top of your toast.
- Serve warm with a dash of Salt & Black pepper on top the egg.
- Avocado Paste - Mash the avocado using an avocado masher and mix with salt and black pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a skillet add the oil and bring to a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red wine vinegar and saute for another 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked and there is a little liquid left in the pan then remove from the heat.
- Toast your bread, spread the avocado mash on top and spoon the cooked mushroom mixture over top and enjoy.