This Vegan Quinoa Taco Meat is simply amazing. First, the quinoa was cooked in vegetable broth until tender. Then it was tossed with spices such as cumin and chili powder, along with nutritional yeast for yummy cheesiness, and roasted until it was golden and fragrant.
And since this Quinoa Taco Meat was made for tacos, we decided to show you how to use it to make tacos. First, we grilled the tortillas lightly to warm them up, then added the delicious quinoa taco meat. Finally, we topped the quinoa tacos with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, asparagus, and pinto beans. These contrasting textures will give you a creamy, crunchy, flavorful bite of vegan deliciousness. It will be hard to stop at just one taco!
- 1 cup Uncooked Red Quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Asparagus, trimmed, rinsed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 6-inch Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup canned Pinto Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup Guacamole
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment