Most people associate crab rangoons with Chinese cuisine since the original recipe may have been a Burmese dish. However, it is believed crab rangoons were created in the US since cream cheese is not a staple part of Chinese cuisine. The first mention of crab rangoons was mentioned on Trader Vic's menu. A worker named Joe Young is credited with creating crab rangoons.
Nevertheless, we are thankful that Joe Young created these crispy creamy delights. Traditionally crab rangoons are deep-fried in oil. However, to make them healthier, they are air fried. For this Air Fryer Crab Rangoons, the filling consists of cream cheese, lump crab meat, green onions, chives, red bell pepper, garlic, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. The filling is sealed in gluten-free wonton wrappers and fried until it is golden. The crab rangoons are served with a sweet and sour Chinese red sauce to create the perfect appetizer.
Can you air Fry crab rangoon?
How long should I Airfry crab rangoons?
How do you reheat crab rangoon in an air fryer?
Are crab rangoons still good if left out overnight?
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar-Free Sweetener
- 3 drops of Red Food Coloring
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot Starch
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 ounces Lump Crab Meat
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Chives
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 21 Gluten-Free Wonton Wrappers
- 2 tablespoons of Water
- Olive Oil Spray
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment