What's better than vegan banana bread? Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread! The cocoa powder adds loads of chocolate flavor and flavanols that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Flavanols may even improve your mood too. So you may want to make this treat when you're having a bad day.
Meanwhile, bananas add natural sweetness and potassium, which are vital for healthy blood pressure. And the walnuts add a lovely crunchiness, as well as plant-based omega-3s. Feel free to add a dollop of Classic Bakes vegan vanilla ice cream to top it off.
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Mashed Ripened Bananas
- 140 ml Unsweetened Soy Milk or Non-Dairy Milk of choice
- 100 ml Coconut, Canola, or other Vegetable Oil
- Juice of 1 Orange (optional)
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup chopped Lightly Toasted Walnuts (or other nuts)
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!