Cobb salad is a garden salad that can be served as a main course meal. Cobb salad dates back to 1937 to the Brown Derby restaurant in Hollywood, California. Sometime after midnight, the owner rummaged through the fridge, removing an avocado, lettuce, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, chives, and tomatoes. He tossed the ingredients together unknowingly, creating the first Cobb salad, and shared this delicious delight with his friend Sid Grauman. Mr. Grauman was so dazzled by the delightful salad that he asked for a Cobb salad when he returned to the restaurant the next day, marking its place in history.
This version of Cobb salad features shredded turkey, salty feta cheese, acidic tomatoes, crispy bacon, fruity kalamata olives, sweet corn, and crisp romaine lettuce. It's drizzled with creamy ranch dressing to make it the perfect salad for lunch or dinner.
What does a Cobb salad have in it?
What dressing goes on a Cobb salad?
Are Cobb salads healthy?
Is Cobb salad good for weight loss?
- 4 Hard-Boiled Eggs peeled, quartered
- 10 cups chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 5 strips cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 1 1/2 pints Grape or Cherry Tomatoes (about 24 cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 1 cup cooked Turkey, shredded
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup frozen Corn Kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 8 tablespoons Ranch Dressing (you can use any dressing you prefer)
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment