Craving vegan Takeout? Make this Tofu Pad Thai. It's so simple to make - you may never order Thai Takeout again! And it takes less than 30 minutes to complete. So it's even faster than ordering and also packed with flavor. There's umami from the tamari and coconut aminos and heat from the Thai chilies.
Meanwhile, the coconut sugar adds sweetness, while the bean sprouts, green onions, and Thai basil add savory notes. You're also getting some crunchiness, salt from the peanuts, and a touch of sourness from the fresh limes. Your taste buds will be so happy! This dish is also packed with plant-based protein using brown rice noodles to keep you full - and away from those vegan cookies that have your name on them.
- 1/2 tablespoon Tamarind Paste
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 5 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1 cup Extra-Firm Tofu, cubed
- 2 Thai Chilies, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Scallions, cut 1/2 inch thick, separating the green from the white parts.
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts, rinsed
- 1 small Carrot, sliced thinly
- 14 ounces Brown Flat Rice Noodles
- 1 Lime, sliced
- 3/4 cups Roasted Salted Peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Thai Basil Leaves, torn
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment