Stir-Fried Singapore Noodles are a dish created in Hong Kong. When the Silk Road brought curry to China they found a clever way to infuse it into their cooking. They combined rice noodles with curry powder and connected it to Singapore because of it's Indo-Chinese culture. The clever inspiration then led to the name which suggested the dish was glamorous and exotic. Today this dish is a common staple of most Chinese Restaurants and Takeaway spots known for its bright yellow rice noodles. This recipe is a quick stir-fried one pot meal that's sure to please the entire family or group of hungry friends.
- 6 ounces Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp - deveined
- 1 piece Sweet Lob Cheung - Chinese Sausage cut into bite sized pieces
- 4-6 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 medium yellow Onion - julienne
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 thumb Ginger - minced
- 1 Bell Pepper - julienne
- 1 medium Carrot - julienne
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts, rinsed
- 1/4 head Cabbage - julienne
- 2 Green Onions - chopped
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!