Are you looking to jazz up some of your meat dishes? Try this homemade Pear Chutney; it's the perfect accompaniment for chicken breasts, pork chops, lamb, and venison. The ginger, allspice, coriander, black pepper, thyme, and hot chile pepper add warmth offset by the pears, onion, and brown sugar. Meanwhile, the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar add tartness. And the cinnamon stick adds fall flavors. It's a feast for your taste buds.
And this recipe is relatively easy to make. Start by sautéing the onions. Then add the pears, fresh ginger, and hot chile pepper. Next, stirring occasionally, add the rest of your seasonings and simmer for 30 minutes.
What does pear chutney go with?
How many carbs are in pear chutney?
Can pear chutney be frozen?
How long does pear chutney last in the fridge?
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 3 Pears, peeled, cored, and small dice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small Hot Chile Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, chopped
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!