Enchiladas date back to the Mayan times, starting with corn tortillas dipped in a spicy chili sauce. Over time, they were stuffed with different ingredients such as cheese & meat, which became the enchiladas we have all known to love. Creating a low-carb keto version of this beloved dish is Keto chicken enchiladas.
Juicy roasted & pulled whole chicken. You can choose to roast this at home or pick up a pre-roasted chicken from your local market. Home roasted does give the best results. Smoky chipotle peppers marinate the chicken and create the red enchilada sauce that is a perfect combination of sweet, salty, and spicy, paired with Mexican cotija cheese or your favorite cheese—wrapped in low-carb tortillas from La Tortilla Factory with only 6 grams of net carbs per tortilla. Topped with more enchilada sauce, crumbled cotija cheese, sour cream, red onion, scallions, chopped fresh tomatoes, fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, and the almighty avocado, you'll be craving this dish over & over again. Great for a snack, lunch, or family dinner.
Pair with a blended Keto lime margarita & be prepared for a fiesta!
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Yellow Onion, peeled & small diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Alternative
- 2 (14 oz) tins Mexican Style Stewed Tomatoes, this contains tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic & cumin.
- 1 tin Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, the sauce is the key, ensure you pick out the tin that states in Adobo sauce.
- 1 whole Fresh Limes, juiced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 (5 lb) Whole Chicken
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 12 (6 inches) Low Carb Tortillas
- 1 cup Cotija Cheese, crumbled, or use any other type of cheese
- 1 Whole Avocado, small diced
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Fresh Lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Red Onions, small diced
- 2 Scallions, washed & sliced
- 1 Roma Tomatoes, seeds and stems removed & diced small
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment