Are you craving some good old-fashioned comfort food after a stressful day at the office? This Lemon Garlic Chicken is here to the rescue. It takes just 30 minutes to cook and is sure to soothe you. Tender, juicy, lightly seasoned chicken breasts are cooked in a creamy, savory sauce made of whole milk and chicken broth and thickened with a bit of all-purpose flour. Adding the lemon juice and green olives adds tangy, salty notes that delight those taste buds. And this dish is packed with lean protein, which makes it super-filling. Serve with some crusty bread to make it a meal and to mop up all the yummy sauce. Or you can serve it with rice or mashed potatoes for extra decadence.
How many calories are in a healthy choice of lemon chicken?
What does adding lemon to chicken do?
Does lemon juice dry out chicken?
Is it good to marinate chicken in lime juice?
- 4 boneless, Chicken Breasts, skin on (2 pounds total)
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 small Shallots, small dice
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Juice of one Lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley leaves
- 8 pitted Green Olives (4 whole, and 4 thinly sliced)
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!