There's almost nothing like a good bowl of chicken soup, especially when It's chilly outside or if you're feeling a little under the weather. Jamaican Chicken Soup has a little kick to it due to the scotch bonnet peppers, its nice and filling packed with chicken, provisions such as potatoes, pumpkin, carrots and cho cho (otherwise known as chayote) A bowl of Jamaican Chicken Soup just isn't complete without some added dumplings. The dumplings are made using healthy whole wheat flour and water mixed together and formed into little torpedo shaped dumplings that are boiled in the soup to help soak up the comforting soup flavors. Also added to this soup is fresh thyme, allspice berries, onions, ginger, garlic and turmeric, all which are extremely immune boosting ingredients. Feel free to get creative and add in any of your favorite vegetables to the broth.
What herb is best for chicken soup?
How many calories are in Jamaican chicken soup?
How can I make bland chicken soup taste better?
How do you add depth to a soup?
- 1 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken, breast and thigh meat, diced small.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced small
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 cups Pumpkin, peeled and diced small
- 1 medium Yukon Gold Potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 medium Cho Cho, peeled, pitted and diced small
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 2 Allspice Berries
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, ground
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!