Coconut inherently produces mouth-watering tasty desserts. This tart, Gizzada, also known as pinch-me-round, is a Jamaican dessert with its roots claimed from a Portuguese pastry. Spiced-up, shredded dried coconut, is contained in a pastry shell. It can be made from gluten-free ingredients as well as it is also a vegan dessert.
Serve with your favorite ice cream, a cup of hot chocolate, coffee, or tea. Impress your friends or family with this delicious Jamaican dessert at home on your next get together. The spices in these coconut desserts extrude a tantalizing mouth-watering sensation. Be prepared to exhibit your culinary skills with your neighbors or family for the next gathering.
- 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Unsalted Vegan Butter (cold)
- 1/2 cup Ice Cold Water
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-free All Purpose Flour, reserving 1/4 cup for dusting.
- 1/2 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar (optional for dusting the baked Gizzada tarts)
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!