The Cheesesteak dates back to the 1930s when a Philadelphia hot dog vendor added some steak onto his grill, added this to a hotdog bun, topped it with cheese & gave it to a cab driver passing by. Legend has it right there, and then the Philly Cheesesteak was born. There have been many versions of this iconic dish created & topped with different ingredients.
The dish is a low-carb, keto edition for this Philly special, filled with thinly sliced seasoned chicken thighs, caramelized onions, bell peppers, warm melted cheddar & provolone cheese sauce drizzled with keto BBQ sauce, all stuffed into a toasted crispy keto baguette. Warning, after you've consumed this Chicken Philly Cheesesteak, you will have feelings of nostalgia and pure bliss, and you may feel sudden urges to make it over and over again. The best part is with only ... you can.
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 each Red, Yellow & Orange Bell Pepper, core removed and julienne
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 (6 inch) Keto Baguettes or any Keto Bun
- 3 tablespoons Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment