Black Bean Tostadas are a wonderful creation, starting with a crispy corn tortilla base that is spread with a generous layer of homemade refried beans, spiced and roasted sweet potatoes, crisp shredded lettuce topped with bright pickled red onions, juicy cherry tomatoes, sliced avocados and lime wedges on the side. They can get messy but pack some bitter flavors in every tasty bite. So be sure to prepare your napkins and pour some margaritas or daiquiris.
What does a tostada consist of?
How many calories are in a black bean tostada?
What is the correct way to eat a tostada?
How much protein is in a bean tostada?
- 6 Corn Tostada Shells
- 1/2 recipe Refried Black Beans, kept warm
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, peeled, diced small
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Romaine or Butter Lettuce, shredded
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 recipe Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 Lime, cut into wedges
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!