The Caribbean is host to a diverse community joined together by groups of picturesque tropical islands. Not only do they have the postcard views and sugary white sands in common, everyone enjoys a little spice in their day-to-day lives. The best chicken sandwich combines sweet, spicy, and savory. It keeps you returning for another bite and craving it. This jerk chicken sandwich will forever be known as the best chicken sandwich in your recipe database.
Flame-grilled chicken thighs marinated in jerk marinade containing scallions, scotch bonnet peppers, seasoning peppers, allspice berries, garlic, onions, pimento, black pepper, vinegar, nutmeg, brown sugar, thyme, and marjoram. The link for classic bakes Homemade Jamaican Jerk Sauce is the best in the West Indies. Topped with sweet mango and lime coleslaw and smeared with a Pickapeppa aioli, all between your choice of bread or buns.
Pickapeppa is a Jamaican condiment based on tropical ingredients that have been aged in old rum barrels mixed with sugarcane, tomato, mango, orange peel, raisins, sea salt, ginger, peppers, vinegar, and onions. The sauce resembles the intense flavors of Worcestershire sauce with a Caribbean twist.
Pair this with crispy sweet potato fries, and you have the Best Homemade Chicken Sandwich.
*Chicken is at its prime if marinated overnight or a minimum of 3 hours in jerk marinade.
- 1 cup Homemade Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 6 whole, Boneless Chicken Thighs, cleaned of any residual fat
- Pan Spray for the grill
- 8 slices of your favorite Bread or 4 Buns.
- 2 teaspoons Unsalted Butter, brought to room temperature.
- 1 cup Green Cabbage, cleaned, thinly shredded
- 1/4 cup Red Cabbage, cleaned, thinly shredded
- 1/2 medium Carrot, julienne
- 1/4 small Red Onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 Fresh Mango, peeled and julienne
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresh Lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons White Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Pickapeppa Sauce
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!
Add new comment