The term beignet refers to a French-square doughnut. You cannot visit Louisiana without trying beignets; after all, it has been the official state doughnut since 1986. In the 18th century beignets were brought to Louisiana, we enjoy this light, fluffy pastry with powdered sugar, thanks to the French Acadians. To make the beignets healthier, we used gluten-free flour and made them vegan. You can taste Louisiana in your kitchen whenever you make these air fryer beignets.
Can you make beignets in an air fryer?
Can you fry frozen beignets?
Can I use olive oil for beignets?
Can you reheat beignets in an air fryer?
- 1 tablespoon ground Flaxseed Meal
- 3 tablespoons Water (for the flax egg)
- 3/4 cup Lukewarm Water (for the beignet dough)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 3 1/2-4 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Vegan Butter, room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup melted Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
Subscribe and get inspired with our creative and delicious recipes!